Saturday, May 10, 2014

Look up: You Tube clip



This YouTube clip provides a lot of food for thought. I believe that there needs to be a balance with the means of communciating to people. I am in favour of face to face contact, there's nothing nicer than sitting down with a person and having a chat. You can have that physical contact and sense their emotions. However, there is a time and a place for online communication.

Today was my mother's birthday. As I live in Auckland I bought her presents up here and posted them down to her in Christchurch. This afternoon we chatted on Skype and I was able to see her open her presents. It was very special and I could sense her feelings of pleasure when she opened a box with some Peter Alexander winter pyjamas. In the past the only way I could speak to my mother was by phone. It was not the same as I could not see her opening her present live.

No comments:

Post a Comment